What is an EDC system and why is it the solution?
Electronic Data Capture (EDC) or clinical trial software comes in all shapes and sizes, but the purpose of these useful systems remains the same. That is, to enter, store and access important data.
In many sectors, it is essential to store data as accurately and securely as possible. But not all companies that process data are using an advanced data storage system. A 2020 European survey found that only 11% of clinical data is recorded in an Electronic Data Capture (EDC) system. More than two-thirds of those surveyed use an Excel file for this purpose, and the remainder maintain clinical data manually.
Keeping data in an Electronic Data Capture (EDC) system has many advantages.
For this blog, we would like to name a few advantages of Electronic Data Capture (EDC) software:
- Minimizes making mistakes. With automated input fields, set validations and set conditions, typing and placement errors are avoided.
- Saves physical storage space. A lot of unnecessary paperwork and documentation is saved by an online solution.
- Easy data sharing. Through an online system with different roles and rights, users (Role Based Access Management) can easily and quickly access data. Anywhere in the world.
- Help users use an established method. Easily use standardized protocols and validated questionnaires, ready for you in the Library.
- Flexibility. Every study is different and has different rules and regulations, which is why EDC systems can also be set up in advance according to your wishes. In this way, the system will always fit any study.
These are some of the biggest advantages of using an EDC system.
More information about Data Management (EDC) of ResearchManager?
Feel free to contact us!